Wildlife and nature photography by native Vermonter Heather Forcier. Please also visit my website http://www.heatherforcier.com/

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Birds of Vermont Museum Exhibit

Years ago when I first started photographing birds I attended an inspirational slide show of bird images captured with use of flash at the Birds of Vermont Museum.

It has been a privilege over the years to have some of my work sold in their gift shop, and now my honor to be their featured artist with bird photographs exhibited throughout their museum from July 15, 2011 through September 5, 2011. 

Birds of Vermont Museum is a non-profit organization providing education to people of all ages about birds and their habitats, notably through the stunning wood carvings of Vermont birds placed in realistic habitats.  I visited with my 5 year old niece and nephew; the staff was fantastic with them and had activities like scavenger hunts to nurture their interest. 

There is also an impressive bear- and squirrel-proof feeder that attracts lots of live birds that can be viewed from a sitting area.  The outdoor audio is amplified inside so you can hear the birds very well and plenty of binoculars are provided for a closer look.

I have created a virtual gallery of my Birds of Vermont Museum exhibit on my website.  Visit the online gallery of the exhibit.  During the time of my display there, a portion of the proceeds of any print and card sales of these images via my website will go to support this fantastic local resource for birds. 



No comments: